- 2 ServingsServings
- 4 oz (125 g) chevre, crumbled
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened,br/3e2 tbsp (25 mL) port wine
- Salt and pepper to taste,br/3e20-24 grapes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
1 In a bowl, mix together chevre and cream cheese with a fork.
2 Add port wine and a pinch of salt and pepper; mix until smooth. Chill 30 minutes.
3 Scoop 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese mixture.
4 Press grape into mixture. Using plastic wrap, cover grape with cheese and roll into little ball with grape inside.
5 Remove plastic wrap. Continue making rest of truffles.
6 Toast almonds stovetop in a dry fry pan until light brown in colour.
7 Lay out on large cutting board to cool.
8 Using large knife, finely chop almonds. (Alternatively, for ground almonds, use a grinder or food processor.)
9 Spread almonds onto plate. Finely chop chives and combine with almonds.
10 Roll Roll each truffle ball in almonds and coat evenly.
Source: Almond Board of California