These gluten-free, homemade almond butter and jelly sandwich cookies are better than anything you could buy in a store. One of those Passover recipes that you should keep on hand all year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup almond butter, plus additional for making the sandwiches
- 1 cup brown sugar (a combination of white and brown works well too)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted almond butter)
- Almond butter
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Combine all cookie ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
4. Scoop out teaspoon-sized balls of cookie dough and space them two inches apart on the cookie sheets.
5. Using a fork dipped in sugar, gently press the cookies down. Rotate the fork and press again to make the classic peanut butter cookie pattern. The dough is quite sticky so it is important to keep re-sugaring the fork to keep it from sticking.
6. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly set and browning around the edges. The tops should still be light, be careful not to overbake. Remove pans from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
1. Turn half of the cookies over and spread the bottoms with a thin layer of almond butter.
2. Top with a teaspoon of jam and spread almost to the edges of the cookie.
3. Top with remaining cookies.