Try this 3-cheese Passover matzo lasagna; your family and friends will be clamoring for you to make it year round.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 matzos
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for granish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place matzos in a colander and pour boiling water over them; drain immediately.
- Lightly oil or spray a 10-inch square pan.
- Place a layer of matzo at the bottom of the pan, close into the corners, without any overlapping edges.
- In a bowl combine the egg, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon parsley and mix well.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the matzo, followed by a layer of tomato sauce. Add another layer of matzo and repeat.
- You should have three layers in all, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella over the top and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese on top is golden and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER