Properly roasted garlic might be one of the easiest and most delicious kitchen know-hows. Garlic is a healthy addition to any recipe: low in calories, packed with good-for-you antioxidants and spicy and savory flavor. But when roasted, it's magically transformed into a perfectly sweet yet still subtly savory delicacy. Plus it really could not be easier to master how to make a whole, roasted garlic head.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Remove most of the garlic's outer paper
3. Slice off the top 1/4 of the head
4. Generously drizzle with olive oil and top with salt
5. Wrap garlic in tin foil and bake 35-40 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown, soft and sweet
6. To remove garlic from paper peels, simply squeeze each clove
7. Serve over toast, or add to soups or salads
My favorite way to serve roasted garlic is over olive oil brushed toast -- you can find the recipe here.