As sad as it is to see a holiday come to a close (re: Passover), it is an exciting moment when the last of the leftovers are tossed and the new cooking can begin. Now that Passover is over and we all have access to our beloved chametz again, why not make good use of it by trying one (or all) of these 5 unique cupcake recipes.
1. Carrot Apple Mini Cupcakes with Non-Dairy Cream Cheese Icing:Ease back into the chametz with a cupcake that you can still tell yourself is healthy. The parve cream cheese frosting is, no pun intended, the icing on the cake in this recipe, perfectly tying together the savory with the sweet.
2. Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: This is a smart and easy way to update the classic cupcake. The ice cream cone is an unexpected, yet delightful addition to the traditional cupcake + icing recipe. I served these at a birthday party once where the kids got to choose their own icing, just beware that they might go back to add icing to the cupcakes when no one is looking!
3. Cookie Dough Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cupcakes: While these cupcakes take a few more steps to prepare, they are worth the work once you bite into the finished product. Cookie dough plus the adult-friendly dark chocolate flavored cupcake make this a filling and enjoyable dessert.
4. Fig Cupcakes with Pomegranate Frosting:Don't be intimidated by the name, these fig cupcakes are easier to make than one might imagine. While the usual suspects of flour, eggs, oil and sugar are the base of this recipe, they are elevated and bursting with flavor with the addition of fig preserves, lemon and pomegranate juice.
5. Lemonade Cupcakes with Lemonade Frosting:These cupcakes scream spring! If you are a fan of lemons, then this is the recipe for you. The bright citrus flavor is mellowed by the butter and yogurt that provide the base to the recipe, with each bite proving to strike a balance between sweet and tart.
Check out more sweet treats here!