Malky is the founder of the Silverspoon store and website www.SilverSpoonStore.com. Born from a passion for entertaining, the Silver Spoon first opened the doors of its boutique in 2000. Malky had a desire to offer fine quality tabletop at the most competitive prices available. It soon became obvious that more than a few shared her appreciation for beautiful tableware and her passion for stunning presentation. Malky shares her tips and recommendations to help you create a one-of-a-kind table setting. Malky and her staff are always available to assist you with any of your tabletop needs.
- Salt and pepper cellars or grinders scattered around the table make them easy to reach.
- Make homemade place cards. Use lady apples or small pears, insert a toothpick with your guests’ names in each one for an innovative place card or card holder, adding an element of interest to the table.
- Use stamps to mark cardstock with pretty designs for an instant place card solution.
- Don’t be intimidated by white china; white china is now trending and looks good with everything.
- Emerald green is the color of the year.
- Use inexpensive large leaves as chargers.
- Use random material like burlap to wrap flatware or silverware and bring a new dimension to any table setting.
- Napkin rings add a wow factor.
- Use placemats or runners even though you have a tablecloth; it adds another dimension of color, texture and level of design to your table.
- Accent color plates create an instant upgrade to any china or dinnerware set; great to use with a basic white set.
- Use an elegant bowl filled with seasonal apples as a surprisingly easy, yet show-stopping centerpiece.Placement:
The napkin is lightly starched, pressed, folded — and placed to the left of the plate.
Glassware is at the top right of the plate: water glass in front, white wine glass for first course next, then the red wine glass.
***Giveaway*** Silver Spoon Store is giving away a set of 12 Lady Anne Signature By Gorham Iced Beverage Glasses (retail value $120)!! Share your tips or ask your questions for setting the perfect table below, Like Silver Spoon on Facebook, and Tweet about this giveaway to be entered to WIN!
This article appeared in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Fall 2013) - Subscribe Now.