The secret to a moist cake:
- Cover cake immediately after taking out of oven and cake will become soft and moist on top.
- Use a sifter to enhance the fluffiness and texture of cakes and cookies.
- Parchment paper is the secret to making baked products that will not get stuck to the pan.
- A cooling rack helps cookies cool down evenly thus providing a better tasting product.
- Spray the top of the muffin tray before baking to allow muffins to slide out easily and prevent muffin tops from sticking to tray.
- Cheesecloths are a great way to make a clear, flavorful soup. Place vegetables in cheesecloth, tie and place in soup.
- Beets add a golden color to the soup.
- The best way to get juice out of a lemon is to roll the lemon on countertop with palm of hands. After rolling lemon, slice and squeeze.
- When dressing salads, place all ingredients for salad dressing in a covered plastic container and mix vigorously.
- Leftover risotto can be made into arancini di riso which is fried rissoto balls. when risotto is cold, form the risotto into small balls and stuff with a piece of mozzerella. Coat with beaten egg, panko bread crumbs and deep fry. Serve with tomato sauce and grated parmesan cheese. (or try this meat version of arancini if you had a pareve or meat risotto)
- Wash your hands with a few spoonfuls of mouthwash to cleanse hands of garlic, onion or other strong odors.
Cooking like a pro every time:
- Read the recipe completely before starting so cooking will be a breeze!
- Prepare as many ingredients as you can before beginning a recipe. This minimizes clean up time and helps you cook more efficiently.
- Use the freshest and highest quality ingredients you can find to amp up the flavor of your dish. There is no way to substitute the taste of fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice, freshly ground pepper or high quality olive oil.
- When baking make sure to use exact measurements for flour, eggs, oil, baking powder/soda. A little less flour or baking powder will impact your end product. However, nuts, fruits and chocolate can be added to your liking and taste.